An Internal Field allows you to add information about a registration for internal use only. You can use internal fields to track information such as date of last physical, team placement, eligibility, or any other information that you want to be able to view and share within your organization. You may also choose to associate the data you enter with future registrations for that participant.
NOTE: You now have the option to share internal field information with families as well. This feature will be touched on in Step 7.
1. Log-in to FamilyID and select the PROGRAMS tab.
2. Click on the number in the 'FILLED' oval for the program, or click on the drop down arrow next to the 'EDIT' button and select 'Registrations'.
3. You will see an alphabetical list of the registrations for this program. Click on the 'INTERNAL FIELDS' button in the top right corner of the page.
4. From here, click on 'ADD/EDIT INTERNAL FIELD'.
5. Select the 'CREATE INTERNAL FIELD' button on the top right corner of the page.
6.Enter the name of the internal field and select the field type.
Here are the descriptions of each field type:
- Text Field: a small text box for one-line of text
- Text Area: a larger text area for a paragraph of text
- Date: A date field formatted as mm/dd/yyyy
- Expiration Date: Date + time period
- Date Range: Start and End dates formatted mm/dd/yyyy
- Multiple Choice: Select multiple answers from a pre-defined list
- Single Choice: Select only one answer from a pre-defined list
- File: Upload a document from your computer
7. You have the option to: 'Apply data to future registrations' and 'Allow participants to see this data'.
If you choose 'Apply data to future registrations', the data you input on a registration will be associated with the participant's future registrations on any program using this internal field.
If you choose 'Allow participants to see this data', registrants will be able to see the data you entered when viewing their registration.
8. Once an Internal Field is created, you will want to assign it to a program. From your list of Internal Fields, click on the # under Assigned to Programs.
9. The Assign To Program modal window appears. Check off the programs you wish to assign your Internal Field to and then click on 'SAVE'.
10. When you finish creating your internal fields and assigning them to your programs, you will now be able to enter data into them. See the HELP article on entering data to an Internal Field for more information.