Accepting payment outside of FamilyID?
When payment is completed outside of FamilyID, the registration's balance will not automatically update. Only when completing payment through one of FamilyID's payment integrations (MySchoolBucks, PayPal, Stripe) will the registration's balance update.
However, you can now manually update a registration's balance via the 'Payments' tab.
1. First, locate the registration. From the programs tab, you can hover over the filled number and delve into a particular section. From the 'People' tab, you can search for the registrant. From the 'Reports' tab, you can view the report containing the registration you'd like to update.
2. All the way to the right of the registration, click the down-arrow next to the 'View' button and choose 'Payments'.
3. Here, if the registration has a balance, you will see a green 'Record Payment' button.
4. Select 'Record Payment' and input an amount equal to or less than the balance due. Click 'Record'.
5. The balance will now update and a record of who updated the balance, and when, will appear under 'Payment Transactions' on the 'Payments' tab.
6. To remove a recorded payment, click the 'trash can' icon next to the word 'completed' associated with the recorded payment. Select 'Remove' in the pop-up window to remove the recorded payment.